The new year is on everyone's mind. For some, it is just another day, just another year...Others are determined to change something in their life, and still others recognize that they need to have a resolution or two. For me, it is a fresh slate, a new chance to experience something new with God. I am so grateful to be alive, so grateful that Jesus had me in mind when He died on the cross, and filled with joy at what He wants me to do in 2011 and beyond.
It has been very difficult lately--to be so concerned about mom's health. It has consumed me, from the inside out, literally. I feel God wants me to give it to Him to bear the burden. All I have to do is honor mom, and her position as my mother and God's child. He created her, knows what she is struggling with as she has postponed getting medical care. He is BIGGER than what is the matter.
People (friends and family members) can give me advice. Some advice is good, some advice doesn't work, and ultimately it all comes down to my relationship with my Saviour. Will He deliver me from this as He has from every other difficult circumstance? YES! My faith in God is stronger than ever, and I have peace. God is preparing my heart for what He wants to do in me and through me.
So, to make a long story short, I could be so scared about what this new year holds in terms of mom and what will happen. Or, I can continue to trust God and know that He has led me down an amazing path with Him. A path of love, love, love. Amazing love that never fails. I want to live for Him, with Him, in Him as never before. 2011 is one step closer to heaven. No matter how many years I have on earth, I will abide in Him, live as if in heaven on earth, and eventually be "beamed up" on a glorious beam of light to live in heaven forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment