Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Knitting, My New Obsession

My whole life, I've had obsessions! Mainly, they've been positive ones (with the exception of Desperate Housewives and eating). My new obsession is knitting. It all started this time with some red and white yarn and an inspiration for a special Valentine gift. It is going to lead into bigger and bigger projects I hope! I bought another knitting book and another knitting magazine full of ideas and patterns. Last time I knit (in high school or college), there weren't online tutorials. Now when you need to know how to do something (for example, bind off) you can just google it, watch the video, and "wa-la!" I have dreams of knitting handsome little sweaters for my grandsons, and beautiful little outfits for my yet unborn granddaughters! So much to do, and so little time...

So to close tonight, a fire is burning, my knitted gift is sitting on the couch next to me--finished, and I'm dreaming of exotic,, colorful yarns and many hours spent in front of a fire, knitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment