Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Funny story

Carson is always delightful and is really getting to be quite a "ham." Sometimes he doesn't even know he is funny--like yesterday when we were in Penney's. He found a little dog hanging by a strap (in the girl's department) which was a purse, but he picked it up and said "a boy purse--it's blue!" The little spotted doggy had a turquoise blue sequined strap which was a leash/hanging strap for the purse. He wanted it so bad! Mommy (Chelsea) said "no Carson, what would Daddy say if I bought you a purse?" No amount of reasoning would do, and he started crying. I had bought an elephant overnight bag one time for him that I thought was either boy/girl, and I brought that up to Chelsea. I said "what does it matter? He really wants it. Let me see how much it is." It was $19.99, which was a little steep. So I suggested we go to Dillon's and buy him something there. He reluctantly put the "purse" back. When we got to Dillon's we found a Thomas train component--Toby--and I thought no matter what the price, I would have to buy it, since we said no at Penney's. We took it to the checkout expecting it to be $11.00 or $12.00. It was $2.50. What are the odds of that? It was a win-win for everyone!

Today we skipped church (I didn't want to but Tom had a headache). I submitted my rough draft for my class which was due March 25, but the deadline I had for myself was before we leave for Phoenix. What a feeling to click "submit" two weeks early!!! God is good. I want an "A." Prayers are appreciated. Only 13 credit hours to go after this semester and I will have a reading specialist endorsement. Yippee!!! I have wanted this for 20 years. I love teaching reading, and believe me I am more of a diagnostic problem-solver, than a motivator, but it's all good... I learned so much in my job as a media specialist where I used my last master's, and now am learning so much as a preschool teacher. Our steps are truly ordered by the Lord.

Onlhy a few things left to do today which I have to do, then I can do some things I want to do. Cleaning house is a necessary evil, but once that and my lesson plans are done, I can paint my toenails in front of warm fire, and catch some much needed R & R in front of the t.v. Sundays are amazing. Thank YOU, Jesus, for our days of rest. Have a blessed Sunday, readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment