Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Laughing, and other musings

Today, Oprah and Gayle had me laughing on their "bestie" show. I agree, there is nothing like a best friend. Michelle & Chelsea are my best girlfriends, and Tom & Cameron are my best guy friends. I am so glad to have my best friends in my family, but I am also so blessed to have other "girlfriend besties" who aren't in my family. What is better than laughing, feeling totally 100% yourself, and having fun times or share memories?

When the producers questioned Oprah about leaving the show, she said she wasn't tired of the show, she is TIRED! I can totally relate. I am not tired of teaching, and the joys associated with being with kids each day, I am just TIRED. (Also...tired of bad behavior, I guess). Can I teach without disciplining? I hope so. After this semester, I am one-third of the way through my 19 credit hour program to get my reading endorsement. Thank you, Jesus!

I had a conversation with Dwayne of Dwayne's Designs on calling Easter Sunday
Resurrection Sunday
instead. I like that! There were many druid (anti-religious) customs that are now associated with Easter, but the resurrection power of Christ Jesus is what Christians focus on at this time. So, although bunnies, eggs, candy, and ham are all good and fun, it is about Him. Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment