Flu--I hate you.
It takes a lot for me to use the word hate, but had a "bug" on Saturday/Sunday that totally sucked the life right out of me. Thank goodness that I don't get sick too often. In fact, I don't remember the last time I was that sick. Maybe sometime when my kids were growing up. It certainly gives me compassion for those who are suffering.
My kids "saved" Mother's Day by bringing food and their beautiful families over to quietly celebrate. I'm so glad we were able to get together awhile with my mom, because we just don't know how long we'll have her. It's a miracle that she is doing this well.
It's amazing, the only thing you want when you are really sick is your mom. Just hearing her voice on the phone asking about me was such a blessing. No matter how old we get, "Mom" is love.
No comments:
Post a Comment