Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

My eyes popped open at 6:01 this morning. I have so many things to be thankful for and amazed by this Christmas season that I can't sleep, even though it's Saturday! One year ago my mom was facing a likely diagnosis of cancer and wanted to wait until after Christmas to find out. She has been in treatment 10 months and is here to celebrate again with us. Praise God. I will get to see nearly my whole family in just 2 weeks and make wonderful Christmas memories. I finished my graduate class one day early, and my preschool passed licensing requirements. Tom and I are so blessed by his oilfield customers and my preschool students and families. Today I am picking up a new silver Nissan Pathfinder to replace my 9 year old Trail Blazer. Bye, little red vehicle. Most of all, I'm reminded of God's mercy in sending Jesus and how near He is each day. Earlier this week, I woke up at 4:30 one morning, and spent an extra hour and a half with God and cried out to Him. He heard me, and gave me peace amidst all the hard, hard work regarding my class and my preschoolers. He was there the whole time, but in my busyness and weariness, I wasn't feeling any peace. When we SEEK, we will FIND. God has dropped so many things in my lap that I didn't even pray for--friends who arrived at just the right time, answers to prayer that were barely out of my mouth, and so much joy that when I stop to acknowledge my many blessings, I almost burst! It's going to be the best Christmas ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment