Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

 I remembered this morning that I used to "blog." I remembered that it used to be a fulfilling experience for me to write, but I could not remember how to even get to my blogger account! The search bar in Safari helped me when I typed in "my blog" and "my blogger account" popped up, and I was able to connect. I used to blog when we lived in the ok'd house at my desktop computer, which is now outdated, unused and sits downstairs. It is time to reawaken all my creative outlets! So here goes....

A lot has happened in five years. The twins--Preston and Vivian were born, Rivera was born, and  Amelie was born. I switched teaching first grade to third grade, we moved 16 months ago. Tom retired from the oilfield, took a break from working a d is now employed at Sizewise.

This is my first day of Thanksgiving vacation...and I have so much to process. Teaching in a year with Covid-19 (on-site) has been a lot of pressure. Last spring we went remote in March, and that was hard enough to learn an all new way of teaching, and to worry about walking out of your house and getting coronavirus. However, what we did not know, was that circumstances would get much worse, and our community was actually pretty safe from the virus at that time.

Now the virus is wreaking havoc in our county, and numbers are going up, up, up, and schools are still open. Research shows not many people (thank heaven) are getting Covid in the schools. It is just the fear of what "might" happen or "could" happen, and keeping everyone safe.

Having said all that, here I am on one of the first vacations this year--perusing the meaning of life, what I need to do today, and what I need to do to thrive (not just survive)--long term. And I hope it is long-term! Lately, my health has been taking a hit, and self-care has had to come to the forefront, in the way of taking vitamins again, drinking water, and exercising.

My major questions in life are:

1. How can I get more time with my family and still stay organized?

2. How can I do well in my teaching career yet put it on the shelf evenings, weekends, and holidays?

3. What do I need to do to get in shape and stay that way?

4. How can I pare down, and donate or sell a lot of things, when I typically have no time because I am either working or exhausted?

5. Does God have one more dream for me to fulfill?

Until I write again, these questions go unanswered, or at least partially unanswered. Seeking Him in prayer....and very very grateful for a day off, my warm home, my husband and family and abundant lifelong blessings from the giver of all givers--my Heavenly Father. Bless you, God, this Thanksgiving week.


No comments:

Post a Comment