There is an old saying "I can't see the forest for the trees." I feel like that is the situation I have been in lately. Doggedly, I have been working away day after day, feeling exhausted, and yet wondering what is wrong with me. We have had 4 busy weekends, and no rest time on the weekends, and I seriously haven't sat in my basement (where we relax) for weeks! Tom hasn't been sleeping well, therefore I haven't been sleeping well, and yet I just keep wondering why in the world I am "totaled."
It was no accident that God told us to work 6 days, and rest on the 7th. I haven't been heeding His call, or following His commandments. I have a commitment this Saturday to help with a shower and next weekend to go to Wichita for my brother's 50th birthday, and a reading research paper due on April 29th, but if I can just hold on a bit longer, it will soon be May 24th. I have so many hopes and dreams for this summer including seeing all my kids, seeing Carson and Easton more than I have this school year, and cleaning things out. If my foot surgery goes well, I can still get a few things done for home and also preschool.
Praise God we are debt-free, and even though I don't make any money in the summer like I did when I was employed by the district, we can still make it. Praise God! He is so good and showing me ways to prosper.
Check out pandora.com--type in Shekinah Glory Ministry as the "station." It is absolutely beautiful worship music and about the only thing I have been listening to each day. Since I was a little girl, I have been drawn to African-American spiritual music and movies. Love, love, love it!!!
Just while typing this post, I can now see the forest, instead of not being able to see it because of the trees! In other words,my mental clarity has improved and I see that I haven't taken the time God wanted me to take to rest in Him. Thank you, Jesus, for never giving up on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment